Friday, May 05, 2006

Odds and ends

  • Natalya (313) asked whether the quotations on which you will write your short essays will be identified. I checked: they will.
  • If you haven't yet grabbed a copy of the possible final exam questions, they are available here.
  • If you felt that I was a reasonably good instructor for you, please remember that I work in the Writing Center every semester and would be ecstatic to see your work in coming semesters. When you call to make an appointment, feel free to ask for me by name (ask for Mikey, by which name the receptionists know me).
  • In my rush to get to the evaluations, I completly forgot to tell section 313 that I urge you to stay in touch with me. Because I keep your hebdomadals and your essays pretty much forever (thanks to Gmail's ridiculously huge quota), I will be able to write letters of recommendation for you with ease for the next year or two.
  • Also, if you have any comments about my teaching that come to you in the next few weeks, please -- for the sake of my future students -- email me sometime after your grades come in. I really do not want to become one of those crusty, apathetic professors who couldn't care less about the work he's doing. You're catching me here at the beginning of my career: any advice you have to give me today could potentially help out my students for three or four decades.